[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD 9 installation failure

Brett Wynkoop nycbug at wynn.com
Tue Oct 16 14:24:48 EDT 2012

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 14:43:36 -0400 (EDT)
Matt Juszczak <matt at atopia.net> wrote:

> It's a new install with 2 x 750 GB drives.
>
> It might be the 3ware 9650se RAID, as everything else is fairly
> standard.... but it's listed as compatible.
>
> -Matt

I think I missed the start of this thread, but I can say I have had bad
experiences with 3ware hardware raid in the past.

I suggest you go with a non-raid controller and just use gmirror or zfs
mirroring.

zfs is working great for me on 9.0 using the mfsbsd install disk image.

I have to say I am less than impressed with the current state of the
default installer on the official images.

-Brett

wynkoop at wynn.com
917-642-6924
718-717-5435