[nycbug-talk] Post-Hurricane Roll Call

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Tue Oct 30 11:55:08 EDT 2012

On 10/30/12 11:24, Charles Sprickman wrote:
> It sucks to have an apartment where heat, hot water and the stove are all electric.  And AT&T is woefully under provisioned.
>
> If my Internet sucked less, I'd send a picture of the marine battery contraption that's keeping this phone working.  Oh, and FU Apple for requiring 16V to power a laptop.  And FU Zyxel for making a DSL modem that  wants 16V AC.
>
> On the operations front, saw all lower manhattan metro-e custs drop last night  and Covad is having problems everywhere.
>
> Hope everyone is well!

Ahh, it only get worse in the future.

They eliminated analog TV.

2g wireless will be history ("can do my iFaceBook on that slow a
connection")

Overbuilding means less ability for groundwater to be absorbed, thus
flooding where floods were rare.  Very true in NYC suburbs.

And everything will be stored in the "clouds" which Okan says means "a
data center in Virginia."  The good thing about the cloud is that it
only goes down when the sun is out ;)

Other than that, we all have a lot to be optimistic about!