[nycbug-talk] Slightly OT but: Laptop with DB9 serial adapter?

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Wed Sep 5 14:47:25 EDT 2012

On 09/05/12 14:43, Josh Rivel wrote:
> So this is an odd question, but I need for work a laptop with a
> built-in serial connector (db9)
> Seems that none of them  have one anymore, and I was wondering if
> anyone could recommend one.
> Not too concerned about the specs, just needs to be somewhat decent
> quality and have a good old fashioned serial connector on it.
> I can never find the USB to DB9 adapter when I really need it...
> Thanks!!

Good luck.  Lots of good luck.  Pretty much dead now.  Everyone is going
USB to DB9 now.  You can even find serial cables for $2 now at Radio
Shack on the discount table.

I would find an old used one if it's just for console purposes.

You'll have better luck planting a bunch of USB to DB9 connectors in
spots around your daily path (home, colo, office, bag, etc).