[nycbug-talk] Intel EM/IGB Version question

Mark Saad mark.saad at ymail.com
Tue Apr 16 12:34:57 EDT 2013

Talk
 I am looking into upgrading the em and igb driver used in FreeBSD
9.1-RELEASE . I want to investigate an issue at work, and I want to
see how igb 2.3.8 works vs the stock one. This lead me to discover a
good question.  Is there any way to tell the version of a driver, from
userland in FreeBSD ?  In particular how can I tell which version of
the em and igb driver I am using ? I can see from the detailed release
notes that 9.1-RELEASE has Igb version 2.3.4 and em version 7.3.2 but
other then that is there a way ?

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/9.0R/relnotes-detailed.html
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/9.1R/relnotes-detailed.html

Mark Saad | mark.saad at ymail.com