[nycbug-talk] Ansible with Author Michael DeHaan 8/27

Matthew Story matthewstory at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 22:04:54 EDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 4:25 PM, George Rosamond <
george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:

> Matthew Story:
> > Wanted to invite all of NYC*BUG to an event inspired by Brian Coca's
> > NYC*BUG talk from May.  Event will be held at Axial offices (where we
>
> Now we discussed and all thought it was appropriate that NYC*BUG
> publicized Kirk speaking at Axial.  And we all certainly appreciate that
> event.
>
> However, this is NOT appropriate for our talk@ list IMO.
>
> Do we really want a list when businesses or other entities start using
> our talk list to advertise there events.  That is not why most people
> are here.

As I've discussed with George Off-list.  My intention here was to share an
event that I thought a bunch of people who regularly attend NYC*BUG would
enjoy.  I thought this was right in line with Coca's talk back in May, as
Coca's talk (audio/slides online) introduced me to Ansible, which lead to
this event.

If the general opinion is that I've abused talk here, that certainly wasn't
my intention, and I will refrain from sharing events sponsored, software
written, or content generated by Axial going forward through talk.

--
regards,
matt