[nycbug-talk] ARM NICs

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Wed Dec 11 15:14:02 EST 2013

On 12/11/13 10:59, Mikel King wrote:

> On Dec 11, 2013, at 1:05 PM, Pete Wright wrote:
>
>> Hey guys - anyone know of any ARM boards that have more than on NIC?
>> Checked around quickly last night and didn't find anything too promising.
>>
>> my plan is to run a super low-power board to act as a NAT device for
>> some R&D stuff i'm doing.  figure it'd be a good chance to test out
>> FreeBSD's evolving ARM support.
>>
>> cheers!
>> -pete
>>
>> --
>> Pete Wright
>> pete at nomadlogic.org
>> twitter => @nomadlogicLA
>

> Hey Pete,
>
> Would this work?
>
> http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/07/99-arm-based-pc-runs-either-ubuntu-or-android/

oh snap i forgot about that bad-boy.  that may be just the thing i'm
looking for.  looks like the board is driven by this:

Freescale i.MX6 single / dual / quad core Cortex-A9 MPCore, up to 1.2GHz

there seems to be initial support of a xylinx SOC using the cortex-a9 here:

http://utilite-computer.com/web/utilite-specifications

this may be a winner...def seems like a fun bit of kit to hack on :)

-p

--
Pete Wright
pete at nomadlogic.org