[nycbug-talk] and on pkgs and licenses

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Thu Dec 12 22:28:48 EST 2013

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 6:24 PM, George Rosamond <
george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:

> I'll jump in if the thread starts to moves... but assume some of you saw
> this:
>
> http://www.shiningsilence.com/dbsdlog/2013/12/09/12934.html
>
> Now, to almost directly quote one OBSD dev, if LICENSE isn't defined in
> the port's Makefile, it's a bug.

I know licenses are defined in pkgsrc for every package, for
ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES, and it sounds like the data is there for OpenBSD ports
- how complete is it for FreeBSD?  There's two halves for this idea - one
half is tracking down the licenses in all packages, and the other half is
adding the report functionality.  It'll be much easier if the first half is
already done.