[nycbug-talk] APU

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Thu Dec 19 10:45:55 EST 2013

Jared Davenport:

> On 12/18/2013 11:45 PM, Jim B. wrote:
>> * Jared Davenport <jared at thegridsource.com> [2013-12-18 22:57]:

>> [snip]
>>> Thanks Jim,
>>>
>>> I went ahead and added those lines.  Here is the verbose
>>> output:
>>>
>>> http://pastebin.com/DUhrt8uP
>>>

>> Ok, I didn't see anything odd.  I would note however that FreeBSD
>> 10-RCx is still undergoing fixes prior to release.
>>
>> pfsense 2.1 (latest stable version) is actually based on FreeBSD
>> 8.3 according to the release notes.
>>
>> If all you want to do is get your board to run FreeBSD, try
>> installing a slightly older version - 9.1, 9.2, or even 8.3
>> directly.
>>
>> Releases for amd64 are at:
>>
>> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/
>
> Good call on that.  I tried the same configuration, with FreeBSD
> 8.4, and it worked!
>
> FreeBSD 8.4 dmesgd:
> http://www.nycbug.org/?action=dmesgd&dmesgid=2505

Thanks for posting JD!

> FreeBSD 9.2 and FreeBSD 10 were a no-go.  I'm still not sure why.

Well, the obvious to me would be using mbr v gpt.

What does the BIOS look like?  That could very much matter.

also, for troubleshooting, I believe that these two should help in the
/etc/rc.conf:

rc_debug="YES"
rc_info="YES"

I need to get my hands on one or more of these too...