[nycbug-talk] Hotels recommendations for con in February

Raul Cuza raulcuza at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 09:34:39 EST 2013

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM, George Rosamond
<george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:
> Charles Sprickman:
>> I don't know if it still holds true, but the financial district used
>> to be quite a ghost town on the weekends, and a ton of very nice
>
> yeah, it was... in 1995!
>
>> hotels were very, very cheap on Priceline - I assume occupancy is low
>> on the weekend and they all dump a bunch of inventory there.
>>

> That's likely true.
>
> Also try St Mark's Hotel... I think it's still $140 a night, but cash
> only.  But a room not facing the street is apparently preferable.
>
> If anyone can offer space to out-of-town guests, this is your chance...

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, 320
Pearl St, New York, NY 10038, a few years ago when my son was born and
the hospital found him too cute to let go right away. I found it
inexpensive and very comfortable. Please take this recommendation with
a grain of salt though because making the transition to being a parent
apparently wreaks havoc on one's judgement.

Raúl