[nycbug-talk] How many NYCBUG folks want USB working on the BeagleBone

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Mon Feb 11 10:18:03 EST 2013

On 02/10/13 22:44, Brett Wynkoop wrote:
> Greeting-
>
> Those of you that were at the meeting know I mentioned a possibility of
> taking up a collection to post a bounty for the completion of USB
> support for the BeagleBone.  I have 3 people in for $100 each.
>
> Please let me know how much you would be interested in contributing to
> this goal.  Once I have a total I will approach a couple of people who
> have already done some USB arm work.

I'm all for this and certainly could use USB support, but I think it's
probably a good idea to connect with a dev who'd be interested in doing
the actual work.  Then if necessary, we could provide contact info to
the engineer at CircuitCo.

A bunch of us (including Brett) are involved in the FBSD-arm list
already, so it might be a good idea to find out the route to getting it
done, and who might be interested...

I know how a 'bounty' works, but in this context, getting a sense of the
path might be a useful first step.

And if $100 is the perceived bar of entry, then it's not exactly
conducive to an array of people contributing...

my $0.02.