[nycbug-talk] How many NYCBUG folks want USB working on the BeagleBone

Brett Wynkoop nycbug at wynn.com
Mon Feb 11 11:31:13 EST 2013

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 10:18:03 -0500
George Rosamond <george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:

> I'm all for this and certainly could use USB support, but I think
> it's probably a good idea to connect with a dev who'd be interested
> in doing the actual work.  Then if necessary, we could provide
> contact info to the engineer at CircuitCo.
>
> A bunch of us (including Brett) are involved in the FBSD-arm list
> already, so it might be a good idea to find out the route to getting
> it done, and who might be interested...
>
> I know how a 'bounty' works, but in this context, getting a sense of
> the path might be a useful first step.
>
> And if $100 is the perceived bar of entry, then it's not exactly
> conducive to an array of people contributing...
>
> my $0.02.

Greeting-

I think there is a small disconnect in your understanding, and it is
probably due to my not explaining things well enough.

I have already polled some devs.  There is one that is a good choice,
but at the moment he is playing with other things and may or may not
get back to usb.  Another of the devs suggested him and suggested
offering him an incentive to do the rest of the USB work.

I said that at this point we had 3 folks in for $100 each.

   3 * 100 = 300

I would like to get pledges of more than that before I approach the dev
in question.  I will also contact the FreeBSD Foundation so we can make
our contributions there and they pay the dev so we can all get a tax
deduction.

I would love to hear your thoughts given my fuller explanation.

-Brett
--

wynkoop at wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and
strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a
woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound