[nycbug-talk] pkgng question

Brett Wynkoop nycbug at wynn.com
Wed Feb 13 15:02:54 EST 2013

On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 14:51:41 -0500
George Rosamond <george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:

> I can't seem to find it anywhere... so I thought I'd ping here.

Greeting-

I have no idea how to do it from binary already installed packages, but
when you build a port a simple

make package-recursive

seems to make all the needed packages and puts them
in /usr/ports/packages if the dir exists.

I have built a few ports on my Pi in the last few days and they all did
the right thing with make package-recursive.  I had to force pkgng onto
the Bone to then install them on the Bone because the Bone expected to
use pkg, not pkgng.  I am not sure why the disconenct between the two
images.

I am going to write something up on this in the next few days.

-Brett

--

wynkoop at wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

I would never invade the United States.  There would be a gun behind
every blade of grass.  --Isoroku Yamamoto