[nycbug-talk] pkgng question

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Wed Feb 13 15:07:07 EST 2013

On 02/13/13 11:51, George Rosamond wrote:
> I can't seem to find it anywhere... so I thought I'd ping here.
>
> In old pkg days, you just use/used:
>
> # pkg_create -Rxjb <installed-port>
>
> to create a package *with dependencies*
>
> How do you do this in pkgng?  I'd rather not create a package for each...
>
> Doesn't seem to be in man page or online...
>
> TIA

the easiest method i've found to do this automagically is using
poudriere from the ports tree.  it requires zfs though :/  you can also
use tinderbox - although i have no personal experience using that for
pkgng builds.

http://blog.etoilebsd.net/post/Home_made_pkgng_repo
https://fossil.etoilebsd.net/poudriere/doc/trunk/doc/pkgng_repos.wiki

it looks like for tinderbox to work you need to use the dev version for
pkgng support:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/pkgng
"(Note: pkgng support in the stable tinderbox port
<http://www.freshports.org/ports-mgmt/tinderbox> will be available from
the upcoming version 4.0; until then you will need to use a development
version <http://www.freshports.org/ports-mgmt/tinderbox-devel> or
checkout sources from MarcusCom CVS
<http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/>.) "

-pete