[nycbug-talk] RE BSDTV

Brian Callahan bcallah at devio.us
Fri Feb 15 13:13:07 EST 2013

On 2/15/2013 12:25 PM, Pat McEvoy wrote:
> I wanted to ask the group some advice on an idea I have to grow the
> BSDTV project. I have been getting some good results on the hosted
> videos on YouTube. Our last video from Eitan already has over 500 views
> and it is barely up a week and the Twitter account is up over 666
> followers. I wanted to start a blog website for the project and wanted
> to ask your advice.
>
> Goal:
> Have a small informative website promoting the BSDTV videos and other
> content garnered from NYCBug meetings and NYCBSDCons.
> (If anyone has additional content ideas, please let me know. Jim and I
> spoke of "HowTo" and "How do you use BSD" segments. If anyone would like
> to volunteer to allow me to make a video of their work flows/setups, I
> would be very interested. )

Re: Content ideas. Are you talking about something like this?
http://www.youtube.com/user/bsdtutorial (see the earlier videos from 1-2
years ago)

I could see stuff like this being refreshed and possibly made more
"lively" (though I have no idea how to achieve the "lively" - I'll come
clean and admit that video production is way over my head).

I think "how do you use BSD" is a great idea.

~Brian