[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD Efika porting

Brett Wynkoop nycbug at wynn.com
Thu Jan 3 13:25:55 EST 2013

On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 11:51:50 -0500
"Isaac (.ike) Levy" <ike at blackskyresearch.net> wrote:

> !!! Radness.
>
> "RISC architecture is gonna change everything."
> "Yeah. RISC is good."

Greeting-

RISC was king from about the mid 1980's through about 2001 on wall
street.  RISC was just faster with number crunching than CISC.

I think the rise of CISC on wall street is related to the move from
solaris to redhat linux.  I am pretty sure this move was mostly
fostered by the take over of Sun by Oracle.  I know I got nervous with
that take over.

I think it is great that all these small arm boards and systems are
starting to compete with x86 systems.  It would be nice to see more
mips boxes as well.

-Brett

--

wynkoop at wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt