[nycbug-talk] OT: I need a new steam boiler

Mark Saad mark.saad at ymail.com
Mon Jan 7 10:12:34 EST 2013

All
  So I had the first of 5 boiler makers / plumbers show up and tell me what
they can do. This guy said the boilers he installs are 24VAC powered , he
did not think you could easily run them off batteries; and that I should
speak to an electrician .

The funny thing I still can not figure out is, why the hell do boilers user
AC and not DC ? Does anyone know why ?

In other news the system that runs with out electricity, a/k/a a thermopile
powered microvolt boiler, from what I have read, is now outlawed as they
are to inefficient .

Mark Saad | mark.saad at ymail.com