[nycbug-talk] a clarification about the csup/CVS announcement

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Thu Jan 10 19:23:30 EST 2013

On 01/10/13 16:14, Brett Wynkoop wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:51:54 -0500
> Eitan Adler<lists at eitanadler.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> I think I wasn't clear in my announcement and discussion after:
>>
>> - the *ports* CVS/csup infrastructure is going to be disabled on
>> Feburary 28th
>>
>> - the *source* CVS/csup infrastructure is still deprecated, but
>> doesn't have a definite end-date.  It is still possible to use csup.
>>
>> - the *documentation* CVS/csup infrastructure is already disabled
>>
> So you are saying that everyone needs to build/install svn on their
> boxes?  Some of the boxes I am working on do not have the disk space
> needed to grab ports and build svn.
>
> Is there a plan to put svn in base since it will be needed to grab code
> for kernels and world?
i'm a little confused as to how can't have enough space to install the
svn package but still have enough space to manually build kernel+world.

i've seen a lot of people bring this argument up on various freebsd
threads and i'm just not getting it...

having said that - if someone where able to port csup over to svn i
would be a very happy person, but i really don't expect that to happen.

-pete

--
Pete Wright
pete at nomadlogic.org