[nycbug-talk] Fwd: Fwd: svn - but smaller?

Justin Dearing zippy1981 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 13:05:06 EST 2013

Meant to send to everyone

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Justin Dearing <zippy1981 at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: [nycbug-talk] Fwd: svn - but smaller?
To: Isaac Levy <ike at blackskyresearch.net>

Hey,

Has FreeBSD evaluated Fossil as a SCM possibility? http://www.fossil-scm.org.
Its written by the author of SQLite and seems to be his "me too" version of
git/hg. I've not use it except for RO access to the .NET driver for SQLite.
The only reason I bring it up is because due to the license and size of the
code, that its something that could feasibly be included in FreeBSD proper.

Other than license, the one feature that impressed me about it was that the
fossil executable was an embedded web server that not only served as a
server for syncing source code, and providing a human readable view of the
source code in the browser (like hg), it had a full wiki and bug tracking
system.

Justin