[nycbug-talk] Slides, History and Thanks

Matthew Story matthewstory at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 14:34:50 EDT 2013

One more update here.  I talked briefly about how the Xapian project is GPL
due only to it's original GPL status going back to the OpenMuscat project,
and mentioned that the current maintainers generally commit under an MIT
license:

http://trac.xapian.org/browser/trunk/xapian-maintainer-tools/audit.py

There is a big push internally in the Xapian project right now (as there is
in the BSDs) to rid their code base of the GPL portions, moving over to MIT
for everything.  Just wanted to share, as the aims here are similar to the
aims of the BSD projects currently.  If they get rid of the GPL code, I
would see no reason not to ship xapian in base for searching pkg-ng and
ports.

--
regards,
matt