[nycbug-talk] Nas4Free and LCD display - or specifically FreeBSD & CWlinux LCDProc

Nick Danger nick at hackermonkey.com
Mon Jun 17 19:25:55 EDT 2013

I got a display for my Nas4Free server. Its a CWLinux 1602 usb LCD
display. It is supported by LCDProc. I can plug it into my Linux box and
use the little test script to pump output to it and set the backlight
and other settings. When I plug it into my Nas4Free box, it does show
up, but I don't know how to address it.

Jun 17 19:15:43 triumph kernel: ugen2.2: <Prolific Technology Inc.> at
usbus2
Jun 17 19:15:43 triumph kernel: uplcom0: <Prolific Technology Inc.
USB-Serial Controller, class 0/0, rev 1.10/3.00, addr 2> on usbus2

Since there is no /dev/ttyUSB2, I have no idea how I address this
device. I am assuming the Nas4Free issue is I just have to set the
configuration correct, but when the second line of the config is
"device=/dev/ttyUSB0", Im stumped at line 2 ;-)

Any ideas?

Thanks
Nick