[nycbug-talk] freebsd pkgng headsup

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Wed Jun 26 13:52:56 EDT 2013

more of an FYI: just noticed on my freebsd nodes that the current pkgng
version is 1.1.2.  the one huge feature i'm excited about with the 1.1
release is the "lock" option:

  lock    Prevent modification or deletion of a package.

so now i can install a pkg i've manually downloaded from an external
repo and not have to worry about it conflicting with a pkg i build in my
internal repo.

so for example - i build VirtualBox w/o GUI support on my personal pkg
repo - but installed a version supporting a GUI from the nycbug pkg repo
on my workstation.  now i can lock that pkg on my workstation and can
stop doing funny business when updating pkgs :)

there are obviously a bunch of other updates - but this one is going to
make my life quite a bit easier...

-p

--
Pete Wright