[nycbug-talk] pfsense and tor

Brian Callahan bcallah at devio.us
Wed Jun 26 18:57:12 EDT 2013

On 06/26/13 15:45, badon wrote:
> The mention of PBI's is interesting, because I just installed PCBSD
> too, and I think that's what PCBSD uses.

Makes sense, as both are based off FreeBSD ;-) The PBI is a PCBSD
invention, but afaik the framework (though not necessarily the
individual PBI packages) will work on any FreeBSD-based system,
including vanilla FreeBSD.

> There is already a PBI in PCBSD, but I'm not sure if that's suitable
> for Pfsense or not.

I would say "probably not" to this. But the mechanism for generating a
suitable PBI for pfsense should be similar if not identical to PCBSD (if
you know how to do that).

Otherwise - consider this a bump to George for making a pfsense Tor PBI :)

~Brian