[nycbug-talk] Need cardboard boxes suitable for 1U and 2U servers

Justin Dearing zippy1981 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 08:57:56 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Pete Wright <pete at nomadlogic.org> wrote:

> ps: if you don't like the guy doing the receiving be sure to use packing
peanuts.  dc-ops guys love packing peanuts :p\

If you want your servers
  killed by electrostatic discharge, packing peanuts are optimized for that
 On 06/28/2013 09:22 AM, Mark Saad wrote:

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM, George Rosamond <
george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:

> Mark Saad:
> > All
> >  Does anyone have a vendor in the area who sells cardboard boxes suitable
> > for 1U and 2U servers ?
> >
> > I am looking for 275Lbs Test single corrugated boxes 38x24x8 and
> 38x24x18 .
> > I only need  3 of each .
>
>  What about the shipper?

That would be me , short story I received a bunch of HP servers and I had
to unbox them to save space. I had to dispose of the boxes to save space.
Now I need to ship out a few servers to other Datacenters and I am out of
usable boxes.

when i got in this same situation a couple years ago i was lucky enough to
find that someone else at 111 8th had just finished depalletizing a bunch
of dell servers.  i was able to dumpster dive what i needed.  that was
lucky.  the other times this has happened i found a cardboard box whole
seller on 6th ave and bought boxes big enough for my gear and then
proceeded to pack everything in too much bubblewrap and news papers.
unfortunately that was back in the day so i don't have any addresses
anymore that can help :/

not super helpful i know - but maybe that'll spark some creative solutions
for you ;)

-pete

Pete Wrightpete at nomadlogic.org
twitter => @nomadlogicLA