[nycbug-talk] list/event policy

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Thu Mar 7 14:37:15 EST 2013

We really didn't want to have to state the obvious, but due to a former
list member's sig on this list, we have created a simple policy for
NYC*BUG lists and events.

<policy>
The New York City *BSD User Group strives to create an environment
welcoming to all.

This means we do not tolerate racist, sexist or homophobic actions or
comments anywhere on our mailing lists and at all of our events.

We hope that each and every NYC*BUG participant views this
code of conduct as a reminder to help maintain a respectful
environment and create a welcoming community.
</policy>

Admin@ wasn't aware of the sig in question, but someone on this list
pinged us.  It was greatly appreciated, and we strongly believe that
everyone should jump on the responsibility.

I like to think this policy is already in the guts of most people on
this list, and that merely stating it is a formality.  Nevertheless, it
*is* being stated and will be enforced as it is already.