[nycbug-talk] PFSense wifi card for hostap mode

Isaac (.ike) Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Tue May 28 11:40:23 EDT 2013

On May 28, 2013 11:18:57 AM EDT, Mahttp://pcengines.ch/cm9.htmrk Saad
<mark.saad at ymail.com> wrote:

> All
>  I am currently using pfsense 2.03 for my home router. It has been good for
> a long time however recently my atheros wifi card has started acting up. It
> will reset and drop all the wireless clients for no apparent reason.  I am
> looking to replace it with a newer card that of a mini-pci variety, but I
> wanted to see what talk's recommendations were before I go out and get
> something new.  So what do you all recommend ?

For b/g use, I'm a huge fan of the ol' reliable "CM9" cards, they
feature older atheros chipsets, and pretty easy to find:
http://pcengines.ch/cm9.htm
Rock solid boring.

The CM9 is a bit old, and I'm a bit of a kermudgen with wireless... For
the latest and greatest cards, it may be best to consult this page:
http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Supported_Wireless_Cards

Rocket-
.ike