[nycbug-talk] two FreeBSD questions

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Tue Oct 15 21:22:32 EDT 2013

Glen Barber:
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 08:29:00PM -0400, George Rosamond wrote:
>> 1.  I don't see the svn revision number in my uname with -a on 9.2 or
>> -CURRENT.  Apparently others do.  Anyone else?  Why?
>>

> What does 'svn info /usr/src' say?

nothing!  I'm using the nyc*bug-pleasing tool called net/svnup ;)

hirren on IRC said he sees the svn revision number in his uname -a, but
says he didn't see it when things like world and kernel are out of sync,
which is likely the case with the 9.2 box.

Not having svn installed... that might matter?  Neither has svn installed.

>> 2.  Now that FreeBSD CURRENT hit 11, do any FBSD devs know if the
>> bleeding edge arm stuff is only hitting 11, or will 10 get the same
>> attention with arm?
>>

> "It depends."  stable/10 will definitely have attention in these areas,
> but changes that affect KBI (kernel binary interface) cannot be merged
> from head/ to stable/10.

right.  So the project will maintain 8.x, 9.x, 10.x and focus on 11.x?

Here we go again!

;)

Why the rush to 11 for HEAD?