[nycbug-talk] ssh and pam

Mark Saad mark.saad at ymail.com
Mon Oct 21 16:23:59 EDT 2013

Hi talk
  Its monday and I have forgotten how to make this magic happen . How do I
tell pam.d/sshd that "you can never use a password"  ?  I have tried
"PasswordAuthentication no" in sshd_config but its not working.

What I am trying to do , is to have users and groups out of ldap, public
keys in $HOME, pam_ssh to make sure you have a working agent that is loaded
with a passphrase protected key and for the server to never prompt you for
a password  (In the event of the agent not running or ldap being
unreachable ) I don't want to see a password prompt from either ldap or
pam_ssh .

Any ideas ?

Mark Saad | mark.saad at ymail.com