[talk] [nycbug-talk] APU

Jared Davenport jared at thegridsource.com
Sun Apr 6 17:58:47 EDT 2014

On 04/06/2014 04:20 PM, George Rosamond wrote:
> Jared Davenport:
>>

>> On 04/06/2014 02:21 PM, George Rosamond wrote:
>>> Jared Davenport:

>>> Yes... I'm just waiting on delivery at this point.
>>
>>> How are people doing installs?  Off install media directly?
>>> Netboot? Building an image and dd'g to the microsd card?
>>
>> The APU I have came with a 16gb mSATA SSD (msata16a).  I
>> installed both FreeBSD & pfSense using a USB stick with the
>> memstick install image, which I modified to boot into the serial
>> console.
>
> Cool.  But you couldnt book FBSD 10.x or -current, right?
>
> Was that resolved?

FreeBSD 9, 10, and -CURRENT were unable to boot when I tested.  John
Baldwin helped figure out that it was probably an ACPI problem with
the firmware on the test APU, which was preventing later versions of
FreeBSD from loading, but I'm not sure if the issue's been resolved on
the production model.  It would be nice to check.