[talk] J&R closing

Mike N. mike at myownsoho.net
Thu Apr 10 13:52:35 EDT 2014

On 2014-04-10 13:26, George Rosamond wrote:

> Chris Snyder:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 7:53 AM, George Rosamond < george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote: Woah... http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/exclusive-shutting-electronics-store-article-1.1751239 [1] That's a bit sudden. Does anyone else think that the phrase "unprecedented retailing concept and social mecca" is a euphemism for bankruptcy?

Yes... I reread that a few times trying to figure out what it meant.

Also, a Micro Center opened in Brooklyn on 3rd ave and 31st street.
Anyone been there yet?

microcenter.com

Prices don't seem that bad.

I've been a fan of Microcenter for a long time.
They have a quite good selection of DIY stuff (including Beagle boards,
Pi's, and even Xbee kits at near-internet market prices). It's a nice
place, kinda good location (between VZ bridge and Prospect Expy).
I usually find myself going there to purchase tools or oddities. I am
used to the location in Yonkers, which is also nice, but the BK location
is much bigger!

honestly, I wish them luck.

mike--

Links: