[talk] Inexpensive mips board

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Fri Dec 5 13:30:11 EST 2014

On 12/05/14 04:18, Mark Saad wrote:

>> On Dec 4, 2014, at 7:07 PM, Pete Wright <pete at nomadlogic.org> wrote:
>>

>>> On 12/04/14 15:48, Mark Saad wrote:
>>> All
>>>  In the realm of inexpensive computers here is a $65 mips board . It looks interesting anyone want to give it a try ?
>>>

>>> http://blog.imgtec.com/powervr/mips-creator-ci20-development-board-now-available
>>
>> bah - MIPS is interesting - but this is what I'm working on getting my
>> dayjob to expense for me in 2015:
>>
>> http://openpowerfoundation.org/blogs/tyans-openpower-customer-reference-system-now-available/
>>
>> i'd love to see some more competition to Intel in the DC space!
>>

> Pete same thoughts here , do you know what the price tag on this setup is ?

so they have this deal going on which i'm going to try to push through
at my job:

http://www.tyan.com/campaign/openpower/

fortunately we have a POP in H.K. so I may be able to swing this deal.
if i can get one of these in house i'll keep you all posted on my
results of trying to get FreeBSD on it.

cheers,
-pete

--