AS/netblock as managed service?

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Mon Feb 3 12:39:38 EST 2014

On 02/03/14 06:07, Isaac (.ike) Levy wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Somewhat short-term, (1 year or more), I'm looking for a managed service
> to handle BGP for a netblock.
>
> Basically, I'm trying to punt on handling bgp in our ourganization,
> until we've cleared some heavy brush in other parts of our
> infrastructure.  We can easily get help from our Colo service providers,
> but we're trying to de-couple our relationships with them...
>
> Does anyone know of such "managed BGP" services?

not sure which direction your team is looking in taking this.  i have
experience working with CoreSite and their Any2 exchange.  this is will
provide you peering with pretty much everyone you'd want to, and they
manage most of the paperwork:

http://coresite.com/solutions/interconnection/Peering-Exchanges/ANY2

having said that, you still have to manage your AS as well as some
networking infrastructure (for example i've dropped some gear at 1
Wilshire to participate a while back - couple RU nothing major).

not sure if this is helpful though....

-pete

--
Pete Wright