OpenCompute Switches, A Cross-Post

Isaac (.ike) Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Fri Feb 21 00:08:37 EST 2014

Hi All,

Apologies in advance, this is certainly a sort of cross-post, as a sort of rallying cry.

Remember the ancient discussions about wishing we had 48 network ports, on a piece of hardware running *BSD?  Well, if anyone wants to join me, I'm dipping my toe in on list over at the OpenCompute networking project, I'd love to have more NYC*BUG folks over there who care about the networking (and switching hardware):

http://lists.opencompute.org/pipermail/opencompute-networking/2014-February/000106.html
(The list appears to be quite light traffic.)

I think showing a strong and constructive *BSD presence there is both relevant, and useful.

Best,
.ike