[talk] JVM Questions

Isaac (.ike) Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Wed Mar 19 16:23:57 EDT 2014

Hi All,

A Java question, for my own sanity.

Some folks I know are convinced that Oracle JDK and OpenJDK are identical.
(OpenJDK is our Production standard for many reasons, yet follks keep
using to Oracle JDK for dev...)

QUESTIONS:

Do folks here know anywhere I can find some practical code examples
which expose the nasty bugs which can be encountered?

Do folks here have any such examples, perhaps from your fine Java
colleagues? (unsigned/signed int mania differences in particular)?

In the vast and disparate world of Java, is there another good place
where I should ask to find examples of this stuff?

I'm dying to get my hands on some code to demonstrate the JVM
implementation differences, so we can quit focusing on high level
language spec discussions.

Rocket-
.ike