[talk] Arm Board

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Fri Mar 28 17:19:22 EDT 2014

George Neville-Neil:

> On Mar 28, 2014, at 14:34 , Mark Saad <mark.saad at ymail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey Fellow ARM users
>>
>> Has anyone tried this board / CPU combo out
>>
>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813190005
>>
>> Its has a 4 core NVIDIA Tegra K1 , 2G RAM, SATA ports , Mini PCI-Express and the list goes on .
>>
> Have not tried it, it’s on the high end of those types of boards at $200.

I think this board came up on the FBSD arm list the other day.

The boards will keep proliferating, and from what it seems from my view,
the divergence in porting will grow with it.  Meaning that there has to
be some prioritization in what devs focus on.  These firms are using
onsite devs to build Linux ports.. .and none of the BSD projects can
keep pace with that.

The fact that NVIDIA is joining the crowd is significant, but I think
we're looking at a lot more boards from the big boys as they catch-up.

If there is a question of sorting out the 'short list' of ports to be
focused on, I'd assume there are other multi-core boards people are
focused on... besides the lower-end RPi, BeagleBone, Wandaboards and
Cubieboards.

I know Pete is playing with something...