[talk] Manhattan office connectivity

Alexis Lê-Quôc alq at datadoghq.com
Thu Oct 9 10:51:23 EDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 9:21 AM, George Rosamond <
george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:

> I raised this a while back, but I'm wondering about alternatives to the
> latency ridden world of business cable providers for SMBs.
>
> Someone had mentioned Cogent.  Over $1k for a 10mb connection.
>
> Anybody try Megapath (who soaked up the remnants of Speakeasy)?
>
> They push their ethernet (symmetric and asymemtric) and seem to hide
> their *DSL services.

​We use 2 FIOS at 150Mb/s, and a cable provider backup all going into a
soekris/pfsense box. All for < $1​k/month. We don't host any servers
on-premise so we don't care about uplink. Latency and throughput are
definitely acceptable for software development and general office use (even
during the world cup).