[talk] I can't tell if this is a joke, or for real.

Edward Capriolo edlinuxguru at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 13:20:56 EDT 2015

I have a similar even broader rant: Everything is the HTTP protocol. You
have HTTP based sub-technologies like web-sockets and ajax. People trying
to make what was originally a stateless post/reply protocol into something
else. Corporate firewalls control what ports are "safe" and "unsafe" 80 and
443 are considered "safe". Getting any other port open is a lot of hoopla.

Google's are so large they can innovate and deliver a clearly better
implementation like https://developers.google.com/speed/spdy/ for modern
needs.
But for the rest of us trying convince someone that TCP is not the answer
is off the mark. You have to start by convincing the world that "Not
everything is http", which from my experience is nearly a mission
impossible proposition.