[talk] I can't tell if this is a joke, or for real.

Mark Saad mark.saad at ymail.com
Thu Apr 30 18:38:16 EDT 2015

> On Apr 30, 2015, at 4:41 PM, Pete Wright <pete at nomadlogic.org> wrote:
>

>> On 04/30/15 10:20, Edward Capriolo wrote:
>> I have a similar even broader rant: Everything is the HTTP protocol. You
>> have HTTP based sub-technologies like web-sockets and ajax. People
>> trying to make what was originally a stateless post/reply protocol into
>> something else. Corporate firewalls control what ports are "safe" and
>> "unsafe" 80 and 443 are considered "safe". Getting any other port open
>> is a lot of hoopla.

+1 Ed

>> Google's are so large they can innovate and deliver a clearly better
>> implementation like https://developers.google.com/speed/spdy/ for modern
>> needs.
>> But for the rest of us trying convince someone that TCP is not the
>> answer is off the mark. You have to start by convincing the world that
>> "Not everything is http", which from my experience is nearly a mission
>> impossible proposition.
>

> to bring this back to *BSD:
>
> http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=2716278
>
> basically lamenting the fact that http/2.0 is spdy and what that's a bad
> thing.
>
> -pete
>
> --
> Pete Wright
> pete at nomadlogic.org
> twitter => @nomadlogicLA

Let's just say for a second tcp is evil and so is udp . What do "you" propose "we" replace it with ? For some boundaries this new protocol lives on top on ip .  Now let's say "you" go to cook something up with gnn's pcs , what do you target , the kitchen sink , one lightweight container or do you make 100 things for each issue , for instance the streaming video protocol over ip , the Remote Desktop protocol over ip etc etc etc .  Next say "you" cool up the perfect solution , how do you even test it ?

So afaict this isn't a post about anything sensible. It's tech link bait , we all read this now what ?  What for it ......

..

A month goes by

[OP] Solution , in my new docker images I have an Ubuntu setup , to send node request to each other via a node app the setups a server to .........

A few hundred lines of tech mombo jumbo

..

And then after you have that you get node over netbeui over udp for inter node stuff.