[talk] Ike's OpenBSD laptop meeting

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Feb 2 07:41:25 EST 2015

On Sun, Feb 01, 2015 at 07:06:11PM -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 01, 2015 at 06:56:56PM -0500, Isaac Levy wrote:
> > Maybe...,

> > > Well, I tested this this morning with OpenBSD,and unfortunately, upon
> > > booting from an install USB it stopped with an error a few lines after
> > > booting.
> >
> > This *might* be the USB ports themselves, as the kernel takes over, OpenBSD doesn't currently support usb 3.0- which is all over on Lenovo kit.  Typically, the inner fin on a usb3 port is blue.

Yup, that's what it was.  Changing ports fixed the problem.
(There were no USB3.0 ports, but the port that I'd used didn't work with
OpenBSD.  Next step is to play with the wireless, either the builtin or the
Edimax 7811UN.  That will probably have to wait, but at least I know it
works with OpenBSD.

Thanks Ike!

--
Scott Robbins