[talk] AUG*BSD

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Thu Feb 5 09:27:32 EST 2015

R0B_ROD:
> I live in Blythe but Augusta is very close.
> I want some comments and suggestions for
> making something similar to you.
> I want to host augbug.org on my
> amd64 FreeBSD 10.1-Stable, Custom kernel
> :) (also a nice wordplay) [a ug b ug]
> So excited about life right now.

This is a frequent question we get.

My recommendation is to start small and light.  Don't attempt to
replicate other user groups in scale.

Start with a mailing list, and get the word out locally.  Let it grow as
it gains recognition.  Once you have a few regulars around, get together
informally, but keep the stakes low.

Don't set high expectations

Don't build out some crazy infrastructure, you're not Netflix

Don't build out some top-heavy organizational structures, you're not there.

And keep it fun.