[talk] Open source laptop

Edward Capriolo edlinuxguru at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 10:32:23 EST 2015

It might me more a matter of target market not a technical limitation. Why
spend money to produce a chip that would have to compete with Intel and
AMD? I would think most people using this chip would be working with a
smaller embedded device o-pic to tablet sized. These people would naturally
have smaller motherboards and less RAM.

Even on the lower end tablet, a company like Amazon can offset the cost of
expensive chip by selling it "at a loss" because of the money they make
from "selling services". A company like google can probably produce there
own custom chips if they were so motivated. The nitch is hobby and very
light embedded devices.