[talk] sent for presentations

N.J. Thomas njt at ayvali.org
Tue Nov 17 14:35:11 EST 2015

* George Rosamond <george at ceetonetechnology.com> [2015-11-17 14:07:16-0500]:
> > Magicpoint (afaict), has not been updated in a while. If someone was
> > to take it and bring it up to date a little bit, I think it would
> > really shine again.
>
> I don't know how presentation needs changed in say, ten years.

Yeah, I think at the time I just needed to be able to distribute copies
as PDF files, which was a hassle. LaTeX did this as a matter of fact.

> I mean, if you need to embed videos of dancing unicorns, maybe
> MagicPoint isnt the best choice (animated GIFs then?), but I tend to
> think it's more than sufficient for any presentation I remember
> seeing.

If you want to see some awesome bikeshedding, watch the comments on HN
whenever the OpenBSD publish a presentation. About half the comments
will be about MagicPoint and the font, and the other half about CVS.
0.01% will actually be about tame/pledge/whatever is being presented. I
guarantee it.

Thomas