[talk] installfest, tonight

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Thu Aug 4 00:15:23 EDT 2016

On 08/03/16 23:03, Jun Ebihara wrote:
> From: George Rosamond <george at ceetonetechnology.com>
> Subject: [talk] installfest, tonight
> Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 13:04:34 -0400
>
>> I did not have a chance to do the NetBSD install on the Thinkpad z50
>> Workpads, but I'll bring one along tonight anyway.
>
> I've put NetBSD-hpcmips image for 2GB CF card:
>
> http://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jun/hpcmips/2016-08-04/2016-08-04-netbsd-hpcmips.img.gz
>
> 1. for writing CF device on /dev/rsd0d,(sd? should be changed)
>
> gunzip < /2016-08-04-netbsd-hpcmips.img.gz |dd of=/dev/rsd0d bs=4m
>
> 2. plug in Z50 and start WindowsCE as usual.
>
> 3. you will see inside "memory card" folder. hpcboot.exe,and click
>
> 4. select machine type and filesystem device.
>   machine : IBM Z50
>   device : wd0
>
> 5. and boot.
>
> tested on my sigmarion2:
> https://github.com/ebijun/NetBSD/blob/master/dmesg/hpcmips/sigmarion2

I was concerned that I needed a larger CF card... and had to tinker with
installing NetBSD with only a CF card for the install and a wireless
PCMCIA card.  Your image solved the problem.

Logged in fine, works beautifully... until it reboots and goes back into
Windows CE!

So I have more work to do... thanks so much Jun.  Appreciated.