[talk] installfest after-view

Isaac (.ike) Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Thu Aug 4 15:55:39 EDT 2016

Word,

On Aug 4, 2016, at 11:36 AM, George Rosamond <george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:

> So what worked this time and what didn't?
>
> Did it make sense to have short presentations, or was there too much
> activity in the room?

I thought it was fun to have the noise and attention shifting!

> What resources weren't available but should have been? An LCD that took
> analog/RCA would have helped the DreamCast install.

My network bridge was botched (ike botched turning it on), so it wasted people's time debugging network- (again, apologies to folks who banged heads!)

Next time I'll bring a router to WAN up to the wireless in advance, (and have it at least tested to work serving DHCP addresses etc... :)

> Did it make sense to have someone (mostly me) try to coordinate things a
> little, insofar as what people were working on was highlighted?

I thought this was great-

> This is our second installfest this year, and I think overall very
> successful.
>
> Patrick noted that having IRC up on a display would be useful, esp when
> we are streaming meetings.
>
> Clearly, we need more power, and another location might be better in the
> future for installfests.

I have about 3 more of those big power strips at work, and extension cords at home.  Next time if I have someone to help me schlep things, I'm only a few blocks away...

But even if not me, I agree more power strips coordinated would make things easier!

Best,
.ike