[talk] NYC*BUG Tonight: RetroBSD & LiteBSD

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Thu Jul 7 14:19:29 EDT 2016

On 07/07/16 14:08, Peter Varga wrote:
> What can be done with such a small memory?
>  Apollo 11 source code.
>  https://github.com/chrislgarry/Apollo-11
> and the hacker news discussion

Yes, 152Kb of onboard computer memory to land on the moon.

With today's specs, we should be doing that in another solar system, if
you went purely by that measure.

Once I get a LiteBSD-compat board, I will definitely start doing some
porting.

We should start a brain dump here for various applications:

tcping
hiawatha www server
microhttpd
. . .

The more utility in a system, the more likely you get users. Vague
IoT/industrial functions don't excite most users since they can't touch it.