[talk] new ARM board running FreeBSD

Sujit K M kmsujit at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 05:02:54 EDT 2016

> Specific to your question, there are patches e.g. to make the on-die switch behave as two discreet Ethernet devices, but these went in the FreeBSD tree back in March
> https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/commits/23a2d5f59362b8a60462708280c89083bb8d1b27/sys/arm/ti/cpsw/if_cpsw.c

This in my point of view, which may be wrong, we can avoid. My
question is even in i386 we can use the installer and
have two distinct ethernet ports, without any code change. My point of
view is rather than manually build ARM kernel on
freebsd we should try an create an installer which will help in
avoiding the extra code changes etc, I am pretty sure we
can share the kernel namespace by loading the same module twice for
instance. I have never tried or am an expert in the same.