[talk] despair with linux

Mark Saad mark.saad at ymail.com
Fri Mar 18 07:23:47 EDT 2016

Easier said ; culturally Linux has become windows from 15 - 20 years ago .  Remember how people used to say windows is such trash the world would be better if we all use Linux ?  The problem is the people who made Windows trash just moved on to using Linux .

> On Mar 18, 2016, at 6:58 AM, Sujit K M <kmsujit at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 12:10 PM, Edward Capriolo <edlinuxguru at gmail.com> wrote:
>> systemd is a total $hitshow. IMHO it was a bad attempt to try and clone
>> solaris svc without really having the infrastructure in the os to make it
>> happen.

Ed I can't agree more here . One thing I do dislike about the sun model was the idea of rebuilding other tools at the same time . For example we got logadm in place of logrotate.   My gut feeling why stuff like that happens is corporate software development; imagine working at sun when zfs is released? How do you show you are worth your salt , when you don't work on zfs ?  I know you polish some other tool , to make yourself look cool too .

I suspect working at redhat is similar. But I am not sure what their zfs is .

> Quality wise it what you are saying. You could on the Linux Kernel
> Mailing List Many
> Developers/Owners Getting the Message Clearly that Linus Is not ready
> to merge their
> Changes.
>
>>> On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 2:11 AM, Raúl Cuza <raulcuza at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I noticed he mentioned nothing about virtual machines. If all testing is
>>> being done on VMs with average up times in hours if not minutes, how will
>>> the issues he brings up get caught? I don't know that this is how the distos
>>> test, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.
>
> Don't Think It hours or minutes as you say. The current Job I am in had
> a Production Glitch Where in The system started to reboot every Night.
> Also it is
> not that there are scripts that perform the restart almost immediately.

---
Mark Saad | mark.saad at ymail.com