[talk] UbuntuBSD

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Mon Mar 21 19:08:26 EDT 2016

On 03/21/16 18:37, Raul Cuza wrote:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/ubuntubsd/
> http://news.softpedia.com/news/meet-ubuntubsd-unix-for-human-beings-501959.shtml
>
> I guess this is one way to get around the ZFS license.

That's my guess.

> A couple of red flags pop up right away:
> "This project is in BETA stage! It is production-ready in most cases
> but you could easily find some bugs. You have been warned."

That's comforting.

You get /.'d as a BETA which means you must be production-ready.

> and
>
> """
> * Debian based
> * FreeBSD based
> """
> (What does this mean?)
>
> The SF site only has a couple of ISO's and doesn't seem to expose the
> code repo. The first beta release is called "Escape from SystemD",
> which is at least one good sign.

That is a good sign.  It's like a two-step program to a BSD?

And not having a public repo, well, that's just dandy!

I propose a 4-clause BSD license:

4. Thou shalt not use the name BSD in vain.

</grumpy>