[talk] OpenBSD on iBook G4

Robert Menes viewtiful.icchan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 13:13:13 EDT 2016

Hey all,

I successfully installed OpenBSD 6.0 on my iBook G4. I'm packing it along
for tomorrow.

If possible, I'd like to get a little assistance with a couple of little
projects I want to do with
it, namely switching the desktop environment for something nicer like Xfce
and getting Wifi
completely working (I installed the necessary firmware packages but can't
seem to get
ifconfig to see any ESSIDs).

Several tutorials I have read about configuring an alternate desktop
environment are
for older OpenBSD versions, so I don't know if they're still relevant now.
I have
tried one in a VM that mentions using SLiM, but whether it's my own goofing
up when
configuring SLiM as the window manager or not, I can't get X rendering
using it.

I'm little by little getting better at this, but I figured brain picking
always helps out. :)
See everyone tomorrow!

--Robert

--
Nobody's ever lost in life...they're merely taking the scenic route.