[talk] Wireless Setup in New Office

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri Nov 4 00:01:28 EDT 2016

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 11:41 PM, Cody Hess <cody.hess at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been tasked with quality control on our office's wifi setup (no
> experience).
>
> We'll be serving less than 100 people in a 2500 square foot space with one
> significant wall.

I think you might be good - I have the 'normal' Ubiquiti wireless
units in the top building by the parking lot, the white building in
the middle, and the bottom grey shed in this Maps shot here:

https://goo.gl/maps/YBurjs2Mm7y

(Hope that works right)  The signal is nice enough that there's pretty
much continuous wifi across the entire area, inside and out - and
there's some significant metal in those buildings.  Ubiquiti's are so
cheap that if transmitter count is a problem, it's an easy problem to
fix.

As Ariel wrote, watch out for other noise in the same area of the
spectrum.  (Wifi Analyzer on Android is a handy tool for this)  We do
have the advantage that there aren't a lot of other transmitters in
the area.