[talk] S3 Work-a-likes

Isaac (.ike) Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Sat Nov 12 09:02:28 EST 2016

Wordup Thomas,

> On Nov 9, 2016, at 1:57 PM, Thomas Levine <_ at thomaslevine.com> wrote:
>
> I had been wondering what benefits S3 has for things other than huge
> distributed data stores, so it was interesting for me to read about the
> various features that S3 provides and are not typical of filesystems.

As a fellow curious person who tends to love storage problems, what are the features you found compelling?

I’m asking in all seriousness after implementing “object stores” for immutable data collections far too many times, and I’ve been toying with wrapping up and realeasing an open source riff on getting this job done.

Thanks in advance for any notes/thoughts-

Rocket-
.ike